ABOUT SCOTT BODELL, M.A.
Creative Director & Idea Guy
At the age of 5, Scott Bodell discovered his love for science and art – while copying pictures from his aunt’s Birds of America Audubon book.
Fortunately, it wasn’t a phase he outgrew. For more than 20 years, Scott has translated his love of art and science to tell stories that haven’t been told through medical illustration and animation.
Creative problem solver for pharmaceutical, medical manufacturing and educational entities – Scott is a hybrid right-brain/left-brain thinker. He strives to be the best and bring his best to clients because – your reputation is on the line. Getting the anatomy and science right is critical. A deep understanding of scientific and technical knowledge must merge into compelling visuals that tell accurate stories.
From pediatrics to geriatrics and everything in between, Scott has a grasp of the big picture down to the smallest molecule. While he enjoys the entire process, his satisfaction comes from partnering with medical providers, scientists, and business leaders to tell their story in a fresh and visually exciting way.
- Creative director, producer, art director, and project manager of animation production.
- Idea guy, content developer and project manager for educational content.
- Illustrator for publication, presentation, advertising, marketing, and training.
- Former Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical School, teaching surgical illustration, and illustration techniques in the Graduate Program of Biomedical Communications.
- Founded Bodell Communications, Inc., which served pharmaceutical and medical manufacturing clients for 20+ years.
Scott Bodell, M.A. is a traditional medical illustrator by education, but more appropriately, a medical visual communicator. Extensive education in communications, science, and clinical medicine, plus years of independent study, offer a broad knowledge base, while experience in promotional, educational and training media allow Bodell MM to offer services and deliverables comparable to much larger studios.
Bodell Medical Media develops, directs, and delivers all media output to client satisfaction. Small and large-volume illustration projects are created and produced internally by Scott. Larger projects, such as video, 2D and 3D animation, and web development are created, directed, and managed by Bodell Medical Media from concept to delivery, using strategic partners chosen to fit short and long-term client goals for media output.
Like Bodell Medical Media, larger studios offer complete turnkey animation and interactive deliverables. Because of its scalable business model, Bodell Medical Media offers content and project development without client commitment to preproduction and production costs.
Our goals are the same as yours – communicate with impact, enhance visual understanding and have fun with the art!
- Illustration for all communication needs
- 2D and 3D animation, from concept to delivery
- Graphic design and web development.
- Stock illustration library for license and derivative works
- Video production through strategic partnering
Animation services offered separately:
- Medical content and script development
- 3D model design and development
- Art direction
- Look development
Shoot us a quick email to explore what we bring to your communication needs.